My first pregnancy

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Doctor's visits

Being pregnant requires numerous visits to the docotor's office. Starting at once every 4 weeks, then every 2 weeks and soon I'll be going every week.

At first I was unsure of whether or not I wanted a midwife or a docotor. However, the one thing I did know is that I LOVED the women's clinic I was currently attending.



After doing some additional research I decided to go with a mid-wife. I was assigned to one of the two they had on staff and as soon as I met her I knew that she was going to be my new best friend!!

Natalie Taylor, CNM

Natalie was born and raised in Idaho Falls and attended nursing school at Ricks College and Idaho State University.  She worked as a labor and delivery nurse in Idaho Falls for nearly 13 years before becoming a Certified Nurse Midwife.  Natalie received her Masters Degree in Nurse Midwifery from Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing in Hyden, Kentucky.  Frontier School of Midwifery is one of the oldest midwifery schools in the country with very rich history in midwifery in the United States.
As a midwife, she specializes in normal birth.  Natalie respects birth for what it is, a natural, biological process that rarely needs intervention.  Further, she is well trained in recognizing complications that do require intervention and strives to help women achieve the birth experience they want to have by educating them on options and supporting their decisions.
Natalie also provides care to non-pregnant women!  She performs annual well-woman exams, contraceptive management, health maintenance, management of menopause and other gynecological problems as well as care for minor health problems.


I'm so happy to be working with Natalie! She is not only a great midwife but she is understanding, sarcastic, funny, and willing to joke around with my husband and myself.

I just hope that all pregnant women get to be this lucky. The hospital where we will be delivering is also very nice and offers exactly what we are looking for!




Our next step is to create a birth plan and choose a doctor for the baby after it is born. Currently we are looking at a list of D.O. Doctors but haven't yet settled on one.

Time is ticking......

No comments:

Post a Comment